Sunday, January 24, 2016

Prayer is so important in our Journey

January 18, 2016

Sometimes as we go through each day we meet difficult challenges.....I remember when we knew we had a child in China I was completely overwhelmed and felt like an impossible task was laid before me. I also knew from past experience that I trust the Lord and He would bless us if we followed. So that is what we have done. He has blessed and multiplied our efforts through the love and compassion of others tenfold. In His infinite wisdom and perfect timing we have been brought to this point and know that He is always with us. Through constant prayer we have been able to navigate this journey of obedience, love and spiritual strength. I thought I knew what was best but I am humbled and in awe if His blessings and know that He knows what is best for our family.💕
A beautiful poem written by Eliza M. Hickock expresses what is in my heart today: 
Prayer
"I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest."