Monday, March 6, 2017

We are going to China again!!!!!!

January 27, 2017

The Lord knows us better than we know ourselves....
for a few months I've been ignoring this feeling piercing my heart. And each time I discussed it with John we dismissed it very quickly. I kept feeling like a piece of my heart was in China. But it also scared me. The last year and half have been both the hardest things we have had to do and also some of the most wonderful and miraculous. And to be honest, I'm exhausted. The Lord quickly realized that John and I were not listening to these stirrings in our hearts, so He sent a messenger to deliver the news.
This messenger is the sweetest, kindest and most loving angel we know. With a heart ready to hear what He needed our family to know❤️ The Lord sent an answer to a prayer we were ignoring through our Brooklyn Girl.
As John and I were busy, Brooklyn came across a photo in my email(over the past few months Brooklyn and I periodically look at waiting kids....). She immediately turned to me with tears in her eyes and asked who he was. I said it looks like a little boy Jennifer is trying to find a family for. Looking right into my eyes she said "Mom, I'm in love with him, he's adorable! Can we please bring him home? I think this is him, this is my brother!" Wooooaaaaaa slow down there excuse me what did you say?!?!?!😳. "Mom I really think he's ours can we please go get him?" Phewwww deep breath....
Well daddy and I haven't decided if we are going to adopt again from China. "Mom, please pray about."
Okay we agreed to pray. Needless to say through fasting and prayer John and I knew deeply in our hearts the Lord wanted us to go back to China. But we didn't know how we felt about this boy specifically. His file seemed out of our realm.
We told Brooklyn we would request his file from the agency and think about it. The next morning, which was Monday, she reminded me to get his file. And then added "Mom I've been praying all weekend and I just know he is ours. The spirit confirmed it to me as I prayed." Well what do you say to that?
We requested the file and sat down to review it......I just knew as soon as I started watching a video of this sweet little boy that he was OURS.
It was overwhelming and scary and just the thought made me want to sleep. We had some questions about him that needed answers so we took another week of praying and researching and it all came back to the same answer. Yes....he was ours, and nothing was too big that we couldn't overcome with our Lord and Savior on our side.
Then my heart was pounding and I was terrified and excited all at once. I have a son! Oh my goodness I. Have. A. Son. Breathe. Just Breathe. I have had some fleeting thoughts like "I can't do this" "I CAN NOT do this". Those thoughts were immediately replaced with "Yes you can. You have already done this before, and you can do this again for I will provide and strengthen you and carry you."
Okay. Here we go!  #chinabound again less than 1 year later and we are starting it all over again.
The Lord has brought us so much peace and comfort the past few weeks. And each day I am more determined than ever to work and do everything possible to bring him home.
The most amazing part of this story? He grew up with Ellie! They are from the same orphanage and know each other. In fact, I recognized his cute face from a video we received of Ellie right before we traveled....it was both of them and another friend playing together. Be Still My Soul! They know each other! They share a past and will always have this special connection. This fills my heart with joy❤️. Secretly in my heart I always felt we would go back to the same place.❤️
Brooklyn is so excited to have a brother and from what I can get from Ellie she remembers him but can't express her thoughts and memories yet.
How is this possible? I just can't describe what is going on in our hearts right now. Too much and we feel so humbled and in awe of how Great and merciful the Lord is.
Sometimes or rather many times from the hardest things come the most wonderful and amazing blessings. We hope to be able to pull everything together as quickly as possible and if it all works like we are hoping we should travel in 6-9 months. I hope you are all ready for an amazing journey to follow to our son. We are not able to share his cute face yet until we get official approval from China. We are blessed and grateful to be surrounded by so many that love and support us❤️China! Ready or not here we GO! #prayer #faith #listen #hope#weareblessed #onelessorphan #expecting#chinabound2017