This is a chronological list of "events" or steps for our journey. I will update as we complete each step of this journey. A friend shared the above photo with as a way to kind of understand the process overall, each line indicates a lot of: Prayer, Time, Paperwork and Fees. It is met to both informative and humorous and I am now in a small way beginning to understand the term "paper chase" that I have heard a lot already. :)
2/2/17 Launched Puzzle Fundraiser
- Homestudy Agency Fee Application Packet Submitted $800 Paid!
- WHFC Agency Fee Part 1 $2,250 Paid!
- Fingerprints updated $130 Paid!
- LOI submitted to China to request to Adopt Ethan
- Final Documents sent to Home Study Agency
- Home Study Program Fee $1,000 Paid!
- Home Study Agency PP visit Pre-Pay $250 Paid!
- Postal Fees paid to date $98.71
- PA received from CCCWA for Ethan
3/21/17What we are working on and fees needed for upcoming steps:
- Immigration Filed I800A Application $945 Paid!
- USCIS received our application
- Received USCIS(immigration) appointment letter
- Agency Fee Part 2 $2,000 Paid!
These Fees are due in the approximately 30-60 days:
- Dossier Fee when we submit Home study/Immigration approval $1,600
- Agency Services Fee due upon match $650
- Waiting for LOA from China
- Charitable fee due to agency $500
- China VISA fee for our child $375
These fees are due at the time or right before we travel:
- Approximate travel cost while in China(hotels, 2 in country flights, food, interpreters, transportation to government appointments, Medical fees for Ethan) $8000
- Flights for family to China(estimate will cary depending on travel dates) $5000
- China required Orphanage Donation (variable at time of travel) this is paid when we actually go to China and pick up Ethan $7,000
Estimated Total = $30,500